To a man I did not know, whose soul was writ in water.
An experience that humbles...and yet is forgotten in just a short space of time. What monsters have we become?
I wish I knew who you were, I wish I had made the time... It frightens me when your smiling face flashes before my eyes and in that instant I feel as though I am drowning...perhaps in the depths of my insignificance.
Arrogance and frivolity...competition amongst yourselves. Material wealth and the squandering of our virtues, the bragging, boasting and infantile emotions...It consumes us and buries our senses in a putrid yellow slime. We are taught how to swim and yet we laugh as we drown. We drown in our filth.
A parent should never have to bury their child, a brother should never have to feel that pain.
May Allah grant you the best of the world in which you have entered into...and may you be blessed with peace. Your position is envied and greatly feared, there is little that we can pretend to know.
Adam Desai - I miss you.
(29th December 2008)
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment